Arsenal Favoured in Premier League Asia Trophy Opener

Published on July 14th, 2015 8:07 pm EST

Click Here to Qualify for a £200 Bonus at Bet365


Singapore Football Association vs. Arsenal FC - Friendly game / Matchup - Team logosArsenal will square off against Singapore XI in the Premier League Asia Trophy opener on Wednesday, July 15th.

Singapore XI will have their work cut out for them as they attempt to beat Arsenal in front of a partisan crowd at Singapore's National Stadium. Only one team, Thailand, has ever beaten a Premier League side since this event started in 2003. In 2005, Thailand's national team defeated Everton in a penalty shootout.

Singapore XI will be entering this tournament on a high after recently playing to a 0-0 draw against Japan. Arsenal, however, is an entirely different animal and they are heavily favoured to win on Wednesday.

-

Here are the current betting odds for Arsenal vs Singapore XI as of this moment:

Arsenal, 1.04
Draw, 10.00
Singapore XI, 26.00

The implied odds give Arsenal a 96.15% chance of success, while Singapore XI's chances of notching a victory sit at just 3.85%. A successful $100 wager on Singapore XI, should they happen to pull off the improbable victory, would return a whopping $2,500.

-

According to the bookmakers, the three likeliest outcomes of Wednesday match are:

Arsenal Wins 4-0, 7.00
Arsenal Wins 3-0, 8.00
Arsenal Wins 5-0, 8.50

The two likeliest results (and I use that term loosely) that include Singapore XI victories are:

Singapore XI Wins 1-0, 67.00
Singapore XI Wins 2-1, 67.00

-

With the start of the English Premier League season 3 1/2 weeks away, Arsenal will be using this tournament to sharpen their skills. Can Singapore XI win on Wednesday? Probably not, but it certainly will be fun to watch some elite level soccer clubs playing once again.

Related Articles

Germany is playing against Mexico in the 2017 Confederations Cup.  The tournament is taking place in Russia.

Germany v Mexico Betting Odds

The 2017 Confederations Cup, which is considered a tune-up for next summer's World Cup, is currently...

Confederations Cup 2017 - Russia - Kazan Stadium - Kazan.

Portugal vs Chile Betting Odds

The 2017 Confederations Cup has now been boiled down to two semi-final clashes - Portugal vs Chile a...